BREAKING NEWS : Charlton Athletic could lose ‘fantastic’ star as Lincoln City chief banned

Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient are both on the move today as League One returns.
League One returns in style today, with a full slate of 12 meetings around the country as the season draws to a close.

Charlton Athletic and Leyton Orient are both on the road, with the former visiting Exeter City and the latter at Lincoln City.
The Addicks and O’s are included in your Friday League One roundup.
Charlton might lose a ‘great’ defender
Despite manager Nathan Jones’ plaudits for Terell Thomas’ ‘fantastically great’ performance, Charlton Athletic may lose him this summer.

recently. The 28-year-old has started every game since the Welshman’s arrival, as the Addicks have been in excellent form.

Terell Thomas called up to Saint Lucia squad | Charlton Athletic Football  Club

Thomas is in the last months of his contract with The Valley, having signed a one-year extension this summer. He is now scheduled to leave for free at the end of the campaign.

According to journalist Pete O’Rourke, Hungarian first flight side Fehervar is interested in signing the midfielder before his contract expires. Outgoings are expected at Charlton this summer, but losing the defender would be devastating.

Jones recently praised the player, saying, “Some major players didn’t start in the early games, but some are doing pretty well. He is doing incredibly well.Whatever happened before to my arrival does not interest me. He faces stiff competition from three centre-backs who are not in the starting lineup: Lloyd [Jones], Hec [Michael Hector], and Nessy [Lucas Ness]. So the players on the team must play and defend effectively, and he has.”

Lincoln City’s chief executive has been blacklisted.
Liam Scully, Lincoln City’s chief executive, has been banned from Sincil Bank for one game for ‘improper and threatening’ behaviour towards a match official; he will not be present when his team face Leyton Orient today. He’s also been fined £2,000.

The incident occurred during a 5-0 League One win over Bristol Rovers earlier this month. Scully acknowledged that his language and behavior toward an official was inappropriate, but denied that it was threatening. The moment occurred in the tunnel following the full-time whistle.

Watch: Independent Football Regulator to be established into law.

Following the Football Association’s allegation, an independent regulatory commission imposed a one-game penalty.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.